Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Spring is here.

There is something so special about the 1 September. The arrival of spring reveals colour, warmth, happiness and represents a new start. Maybe because flowers are starting to bloom again and after a very cold winter in Jozie, it actually is very warm. We use nature as a sign and we feel like it's a new start for many of us. Time to clear out the winter clutter and do some spring cleaning. Time to get back into the gym and burn of the winter warmth. Time to bring out those little shorts and get ready for summer.

For me, it's time to get married. The month has arrived. As I mentioned in a previous post, this time would come and I would write about how the time just flew by. It feels like I just closed my eyes and here I am. Everyone is so excited for this wedding. The first one in both our families. I'm really excited. Waiting to start this new phase of my life. Take on the role of dedicated wife. To build a home. To have a family of my own now. I think we all are going to get caught up in the whirlwind of this wedding. I think we hardly going to have time to breathe. Feels like this has all come so fast. Just feels like yesterday, that Nesan said those first words to me... 'My chips are better than yours' Our friendship grew in a strange and fast way. Almost as if we were souls that knew each other for many lifetimes. Connecting again in this life. But catching up on so much. I feel like he is my twin. We are cut from the same cloth. Our sense of humour. The way our mind works. Our obsession/healthy attitude towards the gym. Our love for KFC although he ranks McDonalds higher (traitor). Your life partner should be your best friend because you will always have the most entertaining time together. So bring on marriage. People say that it's hard work, but I bet that we will be the couple to prove that theory wrong.