Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Oh the Gym!

I haven't been to the gym in two weeks. Once you get into a pattern like that it becomes so difficult to get back to gym. Every day you say that you will go back to the gym tomorrow. Then tomorrow comes and you find a reason not to go. Either it's too cold to go to gym or there will be too much traffic or you have a headache or not enough fuel. You find some excuse not to go back to gym. There is something very comforting in coming home from work and just watching TV. You get that time to gather your thoughts and just rest.


However, I have a gene that allows me to put on weight at a rapid speed and if I spend two weeks out of the gym that equals two weeks of intense weight gain. It's also so hard to lose weight that you dropped before because when you get back to gym, you have to start at the beginning again. Exercises that were once easy now become so difficult that your head starts to spin.
I made it back to the gym today. In my pilates class, I almost fell asleep. The instructor said "Roll over onto your tummy" and I rolled over and it was so comfortable I just did not want to roll back. The hour class felt like it was going on for 3 hours. I even tried to go on the treadmill but after two minutes of that, I thought that my heart was going to pop right out of my body. The fitness level is at an all time low. Even though it is winter and I would prefer to snuggle under a blanket after work, I am going to make it my mission to get back into the routine of going to gym. Need to get back into shape.