Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's April already!

Woo Hoo it's April. 4 months into 2010 and so much has happened. I guess everyone is just waiting for the 2010 World Cup. The biggest moment for South Africa. I love how my gym has this giant board that counts down the days to the World Cup. Since you can't skip a day at the gym, you're always reminded of the countdown. Everyone is just waiting in anticipation. Pretty much the way I am also waiting for September to arrive and for me to finally marry the man of my dreams. Sometimes I think that the days are going by so slowly and September is taking forever to arrive, but I know that when September does come around, I'm gonna be writing that the year flew by and omg I'm getting married.

In two weeks time is my Mexican Kitchen Tea-Quila!!! So exciting. It'll be in Durban and I will get to see my family and friends and spend an insane weekend celebrating... um kitchen appliances. It's going to be a wonderful party were we can all spend time together. Time with loved ones is the most precious thing. Once campus is over, life can kinda get very serious. With work and weekends spent at home because you're just tired from work, sometimes you look back and think... were did all the fun times go? In honesty, it didn't go anywhere. You are just growing up and your goals change. But when you get together with friends and family, the fun times will always make an appearance.

I've lived a really great life. Filled with highs and lows. With hardship and victory. With sleepless nights and magic moments. But I think everyone has had a combination of these things, otherwise it wouldn't be life. I love the moments were I have been so spontaneous and nothing else mattered but just having fun. I love the support and guidance that my parents showered me with. The freedom to be myself. I'm sure that people learn many things in this lifetime, but I found that the best way for me to learn life's lessons is to truly experience the good and the bad. To be knocked down and to learn from it. To be heartbroken and to heal. To be so lost and alone... but manage to find your way. To see the world in black and white, and when you least expect it... to have a rainbow appear in your colourless world. I'm grateful for everything that I've been blessed with in this life. I apreciate every second I get with my loved ones. I can honestly say that I am truly happy. I look out into the world and I smile, because I know that no matter what happens, I have love!