Monday, January 4, 2010

Nan Hua Buddist Temple.

Spent the first Sunday of the year at the Nan Hua Buddist Temple. What a humbling and beautiful experience. The temple is the largest Buddhist Temple in the Southern hemisphere. From the moment you drive into the gate you are stunned by the architecture. The colours and detail of the building just fill you with amazement. The deitys in the main temple are so majestic, it leaves you feeling like a little ant infront of them. As I looked into the deity's eyes I was filled with this powerful emotion. It's as if an energy was swimming around my body and needed a way out, and I felt like I was going to burst into tears. I loved every moment of being there. You leave the temple with a calmness and understanding that just makes you appreciate everything in life.

The stairs lead up to the main temple. You can't take out any pictures there but the mental images will stay with you always.
This was such a great experience. Really worth the 2 hour drive it took us to get here.

The Chinese new year celebration is coming up, better write that down in my calender :-)